Ikawa Home Coffee RoasterRoasting coffee is absolutely a learning curve for a coffee enthusiast, but…
Behmor 1600 Plus
Behmor 1600 Plus
Are you tired of buying already roasted coffee beans for your coffee brewing experiences? You must be thinking about getting a home coffee roaster to conveniently roast fresh green coffee beans right at the comfort of your home. You can roast your coffee beans to your preference with the Behmor 1600plus. This is a great home coffee roaster that you can consider having in your home for unlimited coffee roasting experience. It has does not only offer you convenient fresh coffee roasting experience but also the capability for ease of use while allowing you to roast a larger amount of coffee beans at a time.
There are numerous home coffee roasters flooded in the market today and that can offer you a great roasting experience. But if you want something that you can use immediately without any prior roasting experience, Behmor 1600 Plus is the coffee roaster you can pick.
The Behmor 1600 Plus is the first in its series. It features great stainless steel with a black design that looks great in any kitchen. Its control panel is strategically placed making the roast on of the easiest device to use in your home. Through the controls, you can choose ¼, ½ or 1 pound of coffee beans to roast in different roasting profiles.
The Behmor 1600 Plus is a home coffee roaster that allows you to roast up to one pound of beans at ago. This is quite impressive as most roasters only handle 4 to 8 ounces at a time; this means you will spend more time roasting the same quantity of beans. If you are an enthusiast coffee drinker you certainly need the 1600 Plus home coffee roaster in your home.
However, in practice, roasting one pound of green coffee beans at a time will make the machine struggle and you will end up with uneven roasts. But if you slightly ease the number of beans you roast to about fourteen ounces, you will certainly get the best result.
- Controls and Pre-sets
The Behmor 1600 Plus comes with five preset profiles that allow you to control the roasting of beans regardless of the kind of beans you’re roasting. You can control your roasting time, temperature and even the cooling time just but a press of a button. Nonetheless, these processes aren’t automatic so the machine will take about 15 seconds before it adjusts to your input commands.
If you want to attain a perfect roasting of your high-quality beans, you can bypass the presets and opt to manually control the entire roasting process.
- Smoke Suppression Technique
This is another solid feature that comes with Behmor 1600 Plus home roaster. Certainly, no home roaster can eliminate smoke, but this comes with above-average smoking suppression technology. Turning your stove fan or opening your kitchen window can be very helpful at eliminating the smoke from the house.
- Stainless Steel Roasting Chamber
The Behmor 1600 Plus comes with a rotating stainless steel mesh roasting chamber that efficiently tosses you green coffee beans for even roast. The roasting chamber features a clasp that secures the beans until they completely roast ready for emptying. It also has vanes that help the coffee beans tumble ensuring a completely even roast. Beneath the chamber, a chaffing tray that features a set of staggered stainless steel slats secures the chaff that is expelled from the roasting chamber.
- Cleaning and Maintenance
The manufacturer recommends that the roaster is cleaned after every roast. Behmor 1600 Plus does a great job by securing the chaff expelled from the roasting beans making it even easier for cleaning and maintenance processes. The process of cleaning this roaster starts by removing the chaff tray then blow out the roaster with a shop vacuum. Apart from the regular cleaning after every roast, you can do a dry burn after every five roasts. This is where you roast with nothing in the roasting chamber.
Clean the interior of this home coffee roaster with a non-caustic and non-abrasive cleaning agent such as Simple Green. Spray the interior with Simple Green and allow it to sit for a minute before wiping the oils. Be cautious not to wet the roasting elements. Once it is clean, make sure all the elements are in place before you start the dry burn process. Execute both a full roast cycle and cooling cycle!
- Comes with patent smoke reduction technology which means you can roast your own coffee beans inside the comfort of your home.
- Users have minimal control over the roasting process. Just set the profile, roasting temperature and wait!
- It is reasonably priced, hence anyone can afford it. In fact, Behmor 1600 Plus gives you more than you bargained for as it doubles as a nut roaster. You can efficiently roast almonds, cashews, peanuts and toast pine nuts as well.
- It is easy to clean and maintain
- Backed with a one year warranty
- Features an intuitive interface
- It is easy to use hence ideal for beginners
- High capacity
- Delivers consistent roasting as long as you don’t overload
- Even though it comes with a glass window to allow you to see the roasting process, it is a bit darkly tinted and small making it difficult for you to see the roasting process clearly.
- The caff management system is less than ideal as it collects the chaff that falls through the holes of the roasting chamber. Thus not all the chaff ends up in the tray. Some stay in the roasting chamber while the other gets to the countertop as you empty the roasted beans.
- It uses electricity rather than gas. Experienced home roasters and professional chefs tend to prefer gas coffee roasters than electric ones.
All in all, our view is that Behmor 1600 Plus is a great home roaster and an exceptional choice for beginning home roasters. Even though we noted that as one gains experience may find the chaff managing system a limitation in this roaster, the fact that it still roasts evenly makes it better than most gas-powered home coffee roaster in the market.
Overall, we recommend Behmor 1600 Plus for both beginners and experienced roaster as it is easy to use, relatively high capacity, and delivers consistent roasts.